Hola Chicas!

Welcome to my beauty blog! This is an interactive blog so please leave comments.

You can contact me directly with questions, suggestions for the blog, service inquiries via email at beautybyvirtue@gmail.com

Thanks for reading & please become a follower of this blog. :-)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Plastic Surgery - Plastic People

Hola Chicas & Chicos!! Today's post stems from a show I watched on VH1 about the top celebrity plastic surgeries. It really got me thinking...why is plastic surgery such a trend in Hollywood? And as I look around, I see that it's become more prominent in middle class communities too! It all comes down to people's own "body dysmorphic disorders". Well all have this to some degree. We all look at ourselves and see something that we wouldn't mind improving (or changing altogether). Those that obsessed with changing that physical feature are the ones that end up opting for plastic surgery.  

We live in a world that not only sends subliminal messages about beauty, but one that blatantly emphasizes what "the perfect woman" should look like...she should have long flowing hair, a cute little nose, long eyelashes, full and pouty lips, high cheekbones, boobs that defy gravity, and the perfectly curved boo-tay! Men should have a nice chest and 6-pack abs to die for! Sadly, some people have gone to such extremes in plastic surgery that they no longer "fit" the image of a "real" person!! And they actually expect the "Average Joe" to try and live up to the standard that they've created (literally). Let's go through some examples of some perfectly fine people, turned PLASTIC:

This is Joan Rivers BEFORE plastic surg. She was gorgeous!
And the AFTER...



We all know what Lil Kim looked like when she FIRST came into the game...
And here is the AFTER, plastic barbie look.


MJ's change was probably the most drastic I've seen.

Nicki was beautiful before...but she's had a wide range of surgeries to create an image of herself that she sees in her mind.

Check out her new nose.

She's also had several silicone implants including boobs, butt, and hips. None of her actually belongs to her!! It urks me sooo bad when I hear guys say how "fine" she is...ummm, NO. She manufactured herself, literally!! 

Clay Aiken, Mr. American Idol himself, his face is now tighter than a virgin's...do I really have to say it??

As you can see, plastic surgery has become "the norm" in the lifestyle of many celebs. Unfortunately, that trend is starting to filter down to "everyday" people. When I see a woman in the gym working out, and her boobs are standing at attention IN A SPORTS BRA, that's an obvious sign that she's been under the knife. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look and feel better about yourself. What I have a problem with is the extreme that people go to in order to achieve perfection, which is a false perception within itself. That's why most people that have plastic surgery to "fix" one thing will end up doing it again, and again, and again. In their eyes, they will never be perfect because it's a psychological problem, NOT a physical problem.  

And just a thought, if you're going to have a relationship with someone that's had plastic surgery done, be sure to ask for a picture that shows what they USED to look like! You don't want any surprises when the kids come! Okay, I'm done! Hope you enjoyed this blog as much I enjoyed writing it. By the way, please comment & let me know your thoughts on the subject. Do you agree with plastic surgery? Have you had plastic surgery yourself? If so, why? Are satisfied NOW? I'd love to hear from you!  Ciao bellas! ♥

7 comments:

  1. I think some people get addicted to plastic surgery because they're searching for something that is missing on the inside. They are unhappy with themselves, most times, and think that looking different will solve it. . . Have you seen the lady that's had like 21 surgeries? She was on Oprah and everything. I don't know her name, tho. Great blog! Interesting and thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see that lady. She was actually on the VH1 show I watched, and you're right...that's definitely addiction. I can't remember her name either, but I do remember that she was very pretty BEFORE the surgeries! Thanks for your comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to pass judgement on these ppl who have become "plastic" because I cant imagine what goes through thier heads. Maybe its a sickness?? sure there are things about me I would love to change because I feel what others have is better. But I do believe I have to learn to love what ive been blessed with to be truly happy. I could change everything I dont like but once I get used to going under the knife for a quick fix, I can imagine it becoming an addiction. So im not against the idea of plastic surgery I just wish people who look "normal" anyway would atleast try to love themselves first so they can be truly happy with their looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan, I definitely understand what you mean. It does become a serious problem when it becomes an addiction. As you can see from the pics, most of the people that got plastic surgery were perfectly fine before the surgery. And in some of those cases, the person ended up looking WORSE than they did before! We should all try to love ourselves the way we are before going to such drastic measures...we can learn a lot about who we are inside that way. Thanks for your comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/michigan-liposuction/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. new hair transplant techniques

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! plastic surgeon mi

    ReplyDelete