Hola Chicas!

Welcome to my beauty blog! This is an interactive blog so please leave comments.

You can contact me directly with questions, suggestions for the blog, service inquiries via email at beautybyvirtue@gmail.com

Thanks for reading & please become a follower of this blog. :-)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beautiful From the Inside, Out!

Hey chicas! Hope you had a great day! Mine was long, but it was great! I'm kinda pooped right now, but I couldn't rest until I posted a blog entry today. I wanted to talk about what it means to be BEAUTIFUL!

Being beautiful isn’t just about looking great; actually, I think looking great is only a by-product of the qualities you must have in order to call yourself truly. The looking great part only happens when everything else falls into place. I’m talking about who you are inside, and how you present yourself to everyone. So let’s start from the inside, out. After all, beauty is only skin-deep, right?

I’m sure all of us have known women, and perhaps we’ve been that woman at one point, that was absolutely gorgeous…great hair, beautiful skin, a face to die for, and a smile that could blow you away; but when you really looked at her for who she was, she was “fugly”. I mean just plain dreadful! True beauty is something that emanates from within and can’t be compensated for. I call it, your “divahood!” And it’s something that can never been taken away (makes me think of Whitney Houston’s song, “no matter what they take from me, they can’t take away my dignityyyyy”).

Foreheads will wrinkle, eyes will droop and probably get bags, breasts will definitely sag, but poise, confidence, self-worth, self-respect, humility, compassion, virtue…these are all things that won’t tarnish with time. Besides, people aren’t gonna remember you for how beautiful you were, or how nice your hair always was, or how you always dressed to impress…they are going to remember you for how you treated yourself, and those around you…how beautiful you were on the outside would have been only a bonus, the icing on the cake! And I know I want my cake and eat it too! :-)

Until next time ladies, take care and take charge! Later chicas!

No comments:

Post a Comment