Hola Chicas!

Welcome to my beauty blog! This is an interactive blog so please leave comments.

You can contact me directly with questions, suggestions for the blog, service inquiries via email at beautybyvirtue@gmail.com

Thanks for reading & please become a follower of this blog. :-)

Monday, January 18, 2010

New Year's Makeover

Happy Monday Chicas! I'm so glad to be off work for the MLK holiday; it was great to sleep in a little bit! For today's post, I wanted to share with you a makeover I did for my friend Tiffany on New Year's Eve. She was going to church for the evening (not the club, lol) and wanted to go into the New Year with a new look.

It was a last minute makeover, literally. And this was a kind of a dramatic change for Tiffany because she doesn't really wear makeup. It was also a bit of a challenge for me because I had to mix a few foundation colors to get an exact match since she has somewhat uneven skin tone. Halfway through the application I was thinking, "Okay, this is not turning out right! What am I gonna do???" But, then I remembered some of the secret tips of makeup artists and I was able to pull the final look together. Whew! In the end, I think it came out fabulous and more importantly, Tiffany loved it! Here are the before and after pics:








Tiffany before















Tiffany after!!







Okay, so I'm going to try to remember all the products I used:

MAC Knight Divine e/s
MAC Silver Ring e/s
MAC Carbon e/s
MAC kohl eyeliner in Smolder
L'oreal mascara (though I don't remember which one)
Coastal Scents concealer palette
MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
Graftobian Hi-Def Creme Foundation
MAC Sculpt and Shadester Sculpting Powders
Coastal Scents 10-blush palette (peach color - unfortunately their colors aren't named)
NYX Cocoa lip pencil
ULTA brand clear lip gloss
MAC Fix+ (love this stuff!)

Please leave comments and let me know what you think! I'll be back tomorrow with another post! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with the before and after pictures because of your age. The first picture looks like you just woke up and the after looks like you are getting dressed. You really do not have major skin flaws. My concern is for a more mature woman. I would like to see an older model.

    ReplyDelete