Hola Chicas!

Welcome to my beauty blog! This is an interactive blog so please leave comments.

You can contact me directly with questions, suggestions for the blog, service inquiries via email at beautybyvirtue@gmail.com

Thanks for reading & please become a follower of this blog. :-)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Home Pedicure

Hey chicas! Finally I have my wireless internet working on my new laptop. Apparently my modem was outdated and needed an upgrade. Now I'm having another major issue...trying to transfer my files/work from my old laptop onto a jump drive, the jump drive got locked somehow and requires some password to unlock...which I DON'T HAVE! So I'm praying I find a way to unlock this thing or I'm gonna lose a lot of my work :-( Major bummer!

Oh well, enough sulking. So springtime isn't far off and soon we'll be pulling out our peep toe shoes and strappy sandals, but let's do a feet-check first! I know a lot of us neglect our feet in the winter because no one sees them...but this is really the time to take care of your feet because the cold air sucks the moisture right out of your skin. So today I'm going to tell you how to give yourself a pedicure at home, and save those $30!! I don't know about you but I can think of a lot of things I could do with $30! So let's get to it.

First things first, remove any nail polish and soak your feet for about 10 minutes in very warm water (as warm as you can stand it). Add some type of foot soak crystal or even Epsom salt. This will help to cleanse and detoxify, and soften up any dead skin so it can be easily removed.

Moisturize the cuticles witha foot cream or oil and gently push the cuticles back. CAREFULLY trim to dead cuticle skin away. Clip the nails to your desired length and file evenly. You may prefer a squaqre shaped nail or a round shaped nail. My suggestion is to go with the square shaped--it looks better on the toes. Make sure you clean any diret from under the nails either before or after filing.

The next thing to do (and one of the most important) is to take a pumice stone and scrub the dead skin off the heels and any other rough areas. I absolutely hate seeing women wearing sandals when their heels are dry and cracked--gross chicas! If your heels are in this condition, you'll want to do the saking process for a little longer; maybe about 15-20 minutes. This will soften up your feet even more.

After you done all your cleaning, scrubbing and filing, moisturize the feet well. Double moisturize if you have to or even add a little olive oil. Now all that's left to do is paint them with a clear coat and the color of your choice! But don't be messy. If you get polish on the skin around the nail, put some nail polish remover on a Q-tip and clean it up. Do this is every 2-3 weeks to keep your feet nice and soft, and keep your wallet in your purse! :-)

And as I always say...until next time, take care & take charge! Later chicas!
**picture credit to spapartyevent on Photobucket.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment